Fun high rise building detail

here is a fun detail to add to one of your high rises! amazing that we did something this fun in the dc area, we are not know for doing that much whacky stuff around here...

http://www.crookedbrains.net/2007/06/discovery-building-shark-week-discovery.html

i have a few toy octopi i have saved to put on top of a small building to make the Tako lounge or something like that. also a few nicely detailed small dinosaurs that i want to put in a park sometime as well for a little traveling dino land display (like half scale models). i saw one of these in a private park in japan last visit. i think most models were half or quarter scale, but they had a full scale trex.

cheers

jeff

• Like 5

yeah, but on a japanese building you would need a whaling ship on the building behind it though. how about a whale shark?

not that fair to all japanese, but japan is sticking with a lot of whale and dolphin taking that just really aint needed IMHO.

perhaps a large Tuna? japanese aquariums love their tuna and shark exhibits! friends have done a lot of work with them over the years helping them keep whale sharks, to tunas.

cheers

jeff

Very clever!

On a related note, I've no intention of offending or upsetting anyone by making this comment, but having eaten whale, I can understand it's appeal.

All the best,

Mark.

This is what happened in my hometown 10 years ago; an UFO visited town! This was actually for a giant art-exhibition to celebrate the new millennium. Everybody fell in love with the UFO stuck on "de Inktpot" (The Ink-jug), so it stayed there. There can still be found some other remains of this exhibition, like a giant pigeon that now stands next to the Rabobank office. It's already 10 years ago, but I can still remember this exhibition being a great success and a wonderful experience!

Also a bit railway related as this is the main office of the Dutch Railways.

post-224-13569925104758_thumb.jpg