Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

The metal plates are rubbing the metal axles not the inside of the wheels. To work, they must bear all weight of the cars on the metal plates, thus creating a journal bearing.

Weight - I use Revell half-round pinecar weights from hobby lobby (http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Pine-Cars/Combo-Weights/p/21401-KU0995). There are 4 sticks per pack, each stick has 6 segments. I break off 2 segments from each stick and use 4 segments per motor car, so can get 6 chassis' worth of weights per package. 4 segments in a row fit with the rounded side facing the roof and the flat side against the motor. Unfortunately, the other shapes foul the motor chassis. I'm sure you could get more weight by going with tungsten weights, but the revell weights are a good balance between weight and cost.

I bought the half-round pinecar weights that was recommended. While there are grooves between segments, it's still appears to be solid metal connecting each segment. How does one break them off? Thanks!

News via Bandai Facebook of yet another Shizuoka Railway A3000 version is coming on the market.  It's limited quantity sales only at the Shizuoka Railway  sales window at : New Shizuoka station · Kusanagi station · Shinshima station.

http://train.shizutetsu.co.jp/a3000%E5%BD%A2b%E3%83%88%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E7%99%BA%E5%A3%B2%E9%96%8B%E5%A7%8B%EF%BC%81%EF%BC%81.html

Edited by bill937ca

So I am understanding there is a change happening and b trains, bandai will no longer be designing them? Would be great if someone could do a proper translation for us.

Looks like a new item, Series 883 Sonic. Not sure about the commentary.

I'm prooobably biased, but I love the look of the new Yamamote line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. is it possible in any way to get hold of the bandai "special selection" outside of japan? nice stuff!

2. who is that distinguished guy talking in the video posted by nickhp above and what is he saying?

3. since bandai can print very complicated side panels as in girls und panzer and in sgt. frog, why do they make us put on the stripes on every cassiopeia car with those #%!*&! stickers?

Edited by EF57

the guy is eiji mitooka, a famous industrial designer responsible for a lot of kyushu rwy. stuff. he designed the prototypes for the three new models to be released in july, aug. and sept.

Edited by EF57

does anybody have a solution for coupling the Keihan 600's in more than pairs? for some reason they are 6.8 cm. in length rather than the usual 6.0 and on one end the couplers do not extend at all beyond the wagon end. this holds for both kato and bandai trucks. the keihan 2400's are perfectly ok.

Edited by EF57

Imho it should be possible to do so by using the body mounted coupler mounts and the plastic drawbars. This also leaves the front skirts on. The same is true for the articulated Enoden cars.

Edited by kvp

Hi guys, I am new to B-Train Shorty and model train in general.

I've just got my B-Train and want to add power unit. I am looking for power unit 4 but cannot find it available anywhere.. (probably discountinued)

can I replace power unit 4 with power unit 3?

Power unit 4 appears from time to time at Hobby Search.  Click on the Waiting List mail button and you will get an email notice when it comes back into stock. It might only be one unit, but you have a chance to snag it!

Power unit 4 appears from time to time at Hobby Search.  Click on the Waiting List mail button and you will get an email notice when it comes back into stock. It might only be one unit, but you have a chance to snag it!

oh, thanks. I will wait then

SirYamanote

Do you guys ever run your b train stock with the included plastic wheels vs the metal trucks you can get from bandai or kato?

I've been replacing the trucks on all the ones I build, but then I noticed my son's Thomas has plastic wheels on the brown carriages (sorry don't remember the lady's names) and seems to roll fine

One problem with the btrain trucks especially on the newer models is the trucks don't roatate as assembled. They do have the center pin snap there so if you clip off the 4 flat pins that make the truck stay straight you can get them to rotate, but it's a little rough. I got better results by adding a small Plastic washer between the Bandai truck chassis and tapping a small screw thru the truck into the chassis. I only experimented on a couple of cars to see if I could use the trucks and just replace the wheels. Never tried running them with the plastic wheels.

The casting designs have changed a few times I've noticed over the years so you need to look at the model you have to see what mod is needed to the truck to make it freely rotate.

Jeff

SirYamanote

Thanks Jeff. For the moment I have plenty of t trucks, but I'll definitely play with that once my supply runs out

i was thinking of getting a big bag of just wheel sets as folks sometimes sell a lot of pizza cutters off when going to low profile wheels.

couplers then are the next issue if you want to install Kato or tomix close couplers that are inexpensive you have to make a front retaining plate for the coupler pocket. its a real bit of work to save a few bucks, but i was just playing to see if there was a quick and simple solution. the truck pivot worked well enough although its hard to get them perfectly smooth rotation. coupler pocket is a lot more work. if funds are limited you can do it, but its a lot of fiddling for a few bucks.

jeff