Tokaido line near Oimachi line's Shimoshinmei station

There is a crossing next to the station where you can shoot trains on the Tokaido line.

Looking East towards Tokyo. The rail bridge is for the Oimachi line. The Shinkansen runs on the elevated tracks above.

S7304603.jpg

Looking West towards Nishioi station.

S7304602.jpg

It is really a bit too close to get nice shots of the whole train, but you can get real close. Narite Express going away from Tokyo.

S7304606.jpg

S7304607.jpg

Going towards Tokyo.

S7304613.jpg

Oinmachi line stopping at Shimoshinmei station.

S7305289.jpg

You can get some interesting trains if you're very lucky.

S7305285.jpg

S7305286.jpg

S7305287.jpg

S7305288.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

• Like 2
bikkuri bahn

Nice pictures of this interesting junction.  One nitpick, its not the Tokaido Line, but rather the Yokosuka/Shonan Shinjuku Line.  In the last picture you can see where the Shonan Shinjuku line diverges to the right from the Yokosuka Line.

Bikkuri Bahn,

Thank you for the correction. Sorry, I know very little about the proper names for the lines, but looking at Wiki and the Google Map lead me to use that name.

Best wishes,

Grant

bikkuri bahn

No worries, we all make little mistakes every now and then.  Actually, it's easy to make that one, because the Tokaido Shinkansen runs above the Yokosuka Line.  One curious thing about the maps you mention, is that the diverging route all the way to Osaki is labeled the Yokosuka Line, when one would think the main (straight route to Shinagawa) line only would be called such.  I don't know whether the maps are correct or not.