Squeeking Greenmax Tokyo Metro 10000

KenS

I have one of the Greenmax Tokyo Metro 10000's released last winter.  It's my only Greenmax train, and it's developed a pretty significant squeek after not too many hours of use. It seems to be coming from the motor car, and it sounds like a worn fanbelt in a car (if this were a DMU I could probably claim it was prototypical).

The sound is pretty obvious at prototypically low-speed operation, but largely drowned out by motor noise if I run it really fast, so it doesn't seem to get worse with engine speed.

None of my Kato trains ever made a noise like this (nor have any of the MicroAce trains, but I haven't run them as many hours).

So, my question: is it necessary to lubricate a new Greenmax?  If so, what kind of oil, and where?

And if that's not it, any ideas on what could be causing this?

CaptOblivious

I can't imagine what else it could be. AlipineAustralia has a great lubcrication tutorial on this site somewhere. He recommends AeroLube products, and now I do too. You'll have to search for the thread, but its worth a read.

That would be this thread. Some of the images seem to have problems loading, but it's still clear what needs to be done.  Guess I need to go to the LHS this weekend and get some lubricants.

Thanks.  I'd thought I'd searched for "lubricate", but apparently I'd used some other term and hadn't found it. Somebody ought to "sticky" it.