Busy and Lively Line--Hankyu Juso Station

bill937ca

I remember Juso being very busy but at the same time I rememebr what Minamikata was like. I recall having to cross the tracks twice becasue of how the layout of the streets were to get from the river. The first crossing due to rail volume I waited with downed gates for 22 minuets. And then on the second crossing, I had a 10 minute wait. Sadly, the elevated line will not begin construction for another five years. I want to say there were only two ped bridges between minamikata and awarji.

bikkuri bahn

Ah, Juso.  A half hour spent there will make you a believer in the beauty of Japanese (specifically Kansai) private railways.  Never a quiet moment.  Kind of like a compact version of Clapham Junction, but with takoyaki rather than fish and chips :cheesy

I've always thought Hankyu's paint scheme looks nice at night.

Yeah, that gloss really shows, doesn't it?  I swear I have never seen a dirty or dusty Hankyu train in my multiple visits to Kansai.

Gotta love the station name.  I wonder how many people would object if it was named 4.  In the last town I lived in, there was a parking garage numbered 1,2,3,5,6!