Has the E233-2000 got anywhere?

It was completed over a year ago now, it was taking test runs all through the summer, then nothing. I really want it to get running so Kato can go ahead and  release a DCC ready version to add to my Joban line. While I'll probably be picking up the DCC version of the E233 (Chuo) soon, the -2000 version has a much more interesting look then the -0, -1000 or -3000 series.

Does anyone know what happened? Did the narrow body cause some unexpected problem that doesn't exist in the -1000 or -3000?

There are supposed to be units added during Fiscal 2010 (which ends in March 2011).  The original train is only a demo.

http://railf.jp/car/jr/east/e233-2000.html

I really wonder if Kato would produce this train.  It's essentially a subway train for operation on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda LIne that also runs on JR track.  Kato has never produced a subway train.  Try Micro Ace or Greenmax with the sad reality of a whooping high price tag of 20,000 Yen or more for a full train.

CaptOblivious

I'm betting on Micro Ace, since they've produced a number of other models that run this service.