Feldbahnmuseum Hildesheim (GER)

SONIC883_de

SONIC883_de

Hello,

I celebrate my brithdays with not much family around me - this year (today :-P), too.

So I went to Feldbahnmuseum Hildesheim. The locos run on 600mm gauge. The tracklengh is about 300 meters with some points and a litte stoaragedepot with a small moving table (not round, only from left to right). The museum is operated and owned by a father and son duo.

Really nice! If you have a chance to visit the museum - DO IT! It is really beautyfull there

http://picasaweb.google.com/kpernau/FeldbahnmuseumHildesheim#

Happy Birthday Kai! looks like a fun ride!

hey there is a bday present on the way to you right now! sent off the package with the jrm containers for Ig nippoN and stuffed in the Redskins teddy bear uniform! should be there in a week or so! Happy Birthday!

cheers

jeff

bikkuri bahn

Happy birthday.  Looks like the owners have effectively utilized that space under the highway overpass, plus a nice little "forest" section.  Nice collection too- that loco at 4:26 looks interesting, with its side rods.

SONIC883_de

Thank you guys for the brithday greetings. It was a really good day. Many nice things seen and the weather was excellent. Today it is raining - what a luck!

@4:26 it must be an DIEMA DS 12 of the former GDR

I was skeptic about the place under the bridge, but they use it as a big roof and left and right from it there is much green. So you don't don't see and think that there is a brigde after some time there.

SONIC883_de

Two short movies added:

Feel free to leave comments at the Youtube Channel

LOL now i see you were sitting in little park benches, from your first video i thought you were in one of the little mine hoppers! would work well as they could just dump you out at the end.

cheers

jeff