Off to Beijing

Hi everyone,

I'm off to Beijing tomorrow to cover the Olympics and don't know how active I will be on the forum for the next month. I'll try to check in when I can and maybe give an update on the games.

There is one thing I'm certain of, the swimming races between the USA and AUS is going to be something to watch!

Okay Guys I'm back to posting. I found time between shoots. My first impression is I can't believe how helpful the Chinese are! As soon as I got off the plane a few of us were met by a women with a sign that directed us to where to go through customs. Then another person took us to baggage claim than an other to accreditation and so on and so on.....

Beijing is looking cleaner you can now see the skyline. But it's the people that really impress me. Everyone is trying to make this a friendly and smoothly run games. I have a feeling this is going to be a great Olympics. I'll post more as my journey continues.

alpineaustralia

Great place, great people.

Have a great time mate. And I think you are right, the USA vs Australia in the swimming is going to be a real treat. 

Congratulations to all the English member of the forum. It's been a long time since the GBR have won a gold medal in swimming (48 years) and today a women did it!

It also looks like Michael Phelps now has a real good chance to win 8 gold medals. The 4x100m Freestyle race is extremely exciting if you get a chance to see it.

And to the Aussie---the women's team is very strong.

I was at Basketball yesterday and the USA team has a new respectfully outlook. No trash talking, no atitiude, they just want to play serious basketball.

The people of Beijing are doing an excellent job with these games I just wished we would see some clouds or blue in the sky.

All you Aussies are going to love this. At the Softball venue, the Chinese have hired fans because they can't fill the stadium. They are dressed in yellow shirts and say chants during the game depending on what team is playing. When the AUS women were playing instead of chanting AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE...HOY, HOY, HOY. They were chanting AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE...Haha, Haha, Haha. Plus no one told the Chinese that if a ball is hit into the stands they are allowed to catch it. A lot of Chinese fans have been at the medic at softball after getting hit in the noggin by a foul ball. ;)

Back from Beijing! It was a great Olympics especially when the Aussie diver won the gold medal in his last dive to prevent the Chinese from sweeping all the gold medals in the diving competition. Bad news is I think I tore my rotator cuff. I had an MIR last Thursday and I won't know the results until today or tomorrow. I hope surgery is not my only option.

It looks like the forum has really taken off, which is a great feeling to comeback to!