YES

Mudkip Orange

bikkuri bahn

Niseko Express (kiha 183) in Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters colors.  Shot on Hidaka Line- some nice views of this coast hugging line- the iconic scene being around 1:34, the line is literally "on the beach", with only a wooden fence and some grass to keep the waves away.

*I don't know what the "Yes! Hokkaido" phrase is for- it's not the slogan for the Fighters baseball team, intended for tourism I suppose.

Mudkip Orange

Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters

You ever notice how the Sapporo Dome bears an uncanny resemblance to the cyber UFO thing from Godzilla 2000?

bikkuri bahn

Haven't seen that flick, but yes, the Dome's ovoid shape does make it seem very "ufoey".  Great sightlines inside, too!

There are so many interesting scenes to model in this video, the various coastline shots, the horses in the paddocks, and the train on the long bridge. A really inviting ride to take. 

Hokkaido to me in a way resembles some parts of the US and Canada countryside, I guess Hokkaido is located along the same latitude?

bikkuri bahn

Hokkaido to me in a way resembles some parts of the US and Canada countryside, I guess Hokkaido is located along the same latitude?

Well Sapporo lies at 43 degrees north, which places it roughly the same as Portland Ore. or Boston, Mass.  Climate and vegetation more New England than west coast though, but with even more snow.  For Europe it shares range of latitude with Southern Europe, obviously very different in other aspects.