Is it okay? (Coughanimecough)

NozomiFan

CaptOblivious

Depends on what you mean by OK. ;) I used to really enjoy it, but my interest has waned. So I guess it's OK. Some people here like to discuss it in the off-topic forum, so I guess it's OK that way too.

alpineaustralia

I am not sure what the question is guys?

Is it whether we are happy to have anime discussed on the forum?

The consideration of anime being 'okay' is all up to yourself and if you feel ashamed by it. If you feel ashamed by it, either quit watching or stop caring about other people's views. I chose the latter one and I'm quite happy about it. Even a small Neko-Ko-Neko badge from Azumangadaioh I have on the collar of my coat. A very subtle reference that only 'dignified' people recognise as some sort of symbolism. :grin

alpineaustralia
If you feel ashamed by it, either quit watching or stop caring about other people's views

I dont think this is the point. The question of whether it is okay for anime (or anything else off topic) is a legitimate question that a train board should ask.

I personally dont have a strong opinion one way or another but I would have a strong opinion if, for example, the anime was not 'family friendly' in any way.

My point is that I dont think it is just a matter of, if you dont like it, dont look.

If you feel ashamed by it, either quit watching or stop caring about other people's views

I dont think this is the point. The question of whether it is okay for anime (or anything else off topic) is a legitimate question that a train board should ask.

Either way, whatever the point in this case being, some topics on the subject have been sparked on the forums and didn't catch on that much, apart from a thread on NGE I think. So, it has proven to be not so popular. As some of us know, quite a few members watch anime and some even passionately do so, but talking about these things is mostly done elsewhere on other forums dedicated to these subjects (if there is the need for it, that is). Maybe great differences in tastes have prevented long and fiery discussions on the JNS forum... I don't know...

IMO it's legitimate to talk about anime on these forums, as anime is a cultural aspect of Japan, just as trains are. Sometimes they even merge to a great fusion (e.g. Tetsuko no Tabi and the re-occurrence of the Yamanote-line and Enoden in anime).

Also, the case of anime being 'family friendly' is a fairly grey area (Japanese, Occidental and American perception of things), which can be discussed, but I know what you mean. :laughing11:

Mudkip Orange

if, for example, the anime was not 'family friendly' in any way.

Oh I've got plenty of that.

Wouldn't post it here though.