Noto-stalgia

scott

Interesting video -- everything from trains running through snow to a look inside the nose of the 489 -- but try to ignore the tearjerker music. You occasionally catch some other stuff as well -- an EF64 (I think), some Hokuriku-livery 115s, parked Thunderbirds, etc.

• Like 6
CaptOblivious

I've often wondered just what they keep under the hoods of the bonnet-types, and why the difference between the bonnet-type and the, uh, non-bonnet-type JNR-era express cab car (e.g. 485-series).

Interesting video, I don't care so much for the music and all the more than useless effects but there is some really nasty shots. The ones in the snow and by night looks a lot like some MR videos I've seen.

Question 1: What's the viaduct in the opening sequence for? A Shinkansen?

Question 2: I saw the video but I didn't understood what I was seeing, what's in that nose again?

bikkuri bahn
Question 1: What's the viaduct in the opening sequence for? A Shinkansen?

Question 2: I saw the video but I didn't understood what I was seeing, what's in that nose again?

1. Yes, it's for the Hokuriku Shinkansen

2. The nose houses generator and air compressor equipment.

Those nighttime distant shots are beautiful, but I found the noise from someone taking photos more annoying than the music.

Still, even though I'm not really a fan of the older rolling-stock, that was a good video.

bikkuri bahn
...but I found the noise from someone taking photos more annoying than the music

Yes, me too.  Nice audio is often ruined right at the moment of the runby by the high speed shutter sound coming from still cameras.  Unfortunately these amateur videotakers also take still shots at the same time.  One of my pet peeves, but you can't complain too much when the product offered is free.