Not for scott! - An unexpectedly crowded Chikugo-Yoshii Station

disturbman

Top notch video of a triplet of diesel trains meeting at a station in the middle of a single tracked line. There is one glittering Kiha 58, a beautiful green Kiha 71 and a crimson Kiha 185.

• Like 2
Mudkip Orange

This is AWESOME! Express passes a local while passing an opposite-direction express all at the same time.

I'd only try to replicate this in N gauge with multiple operators; controlling three trains solo is just a bit much I think.

What the heck is going on with the two crewmembers on the platform to the right at 0:46? Did the closer guy make a rude gesture or something?!?

qwertyaardvark

\What the heck is going on with the two crewmembers on the platform to the right at 0:46? Did the closer guy make a rude gesture or something?!?

Hehe, while I've only heard of this and never seen it before, he just made a gesture that essentially means "OK". In Japan 'good' is marked by an 'O' and 'bad' is marked by 'X', so what he did was make a very large 'O' with his two arms (and kinda looking like some weird ballet move) to signal that something is "OK". For 'bad', they would cross their forearms above their heads to make the 'X'. These gestures tend to be used for beyond-yelling distances.

\What the heck is going on with the two crewmembers on the platform to the right at 0:46? Did the closer guy make a rude gesture or something?!?

Hehe, while I've only heard of this and never seen it before, he just made a gesture that essentially means "OK". In Japan 'good' is marked by an 'O' and 'bad' is marked by 'X', so what he did was make a very large 'O' with his two arms (and kinda looking like some weird ballet move) to signal that something is "OK". For 'bad', they would cross their forearms above their heads to make the 'X'. These gestures tend to be used for beyond-yelling distances.

He ran for cover pretty fast with the other guy after him who seems to think better of it and stops suddenly. I suspect a bit of horseplay going on between the conductors of the local and the Yufuin no Mori, perhaps along the lines of "get that green piece of junk out of here, I'm in a hurry". Railwaymen are railwaymen even if they are Japanese.

This is AWESOME! Express passes a local while passing an opposite-direction express all at the same time.

I think the Kiha 58 is also on Express service. After all, it wears a head-mark.

A video of this train:

Mudkip Orange

Yeah, the description for the original Youtube video says "three expresses."

But the KiHa has clearly arrived first, and is waiting to be passed by both of the other trains, so it's clearly a lesser express than the other two.

Could it be a fantrip? That's what the second video reminds me of. Whatever type of service the Kiha 58 is working I hope the painting of older trains into old JNR colours becomes a trend.