More long shots of the Super Ozora than you could ever ask for.

Mudkip Orange

Might be you.  :laugh: But, seripously, the à la NEX design is quite common on all the new JR Hokkaido Limited Express. Just look at the Kiha series 261 & 283 or the EMU series 789.

On another topic, maybe it's time to start to regroup (video) topic by type of service or by location. I don't see the necessity of multiplying threads on the same subject. :) Not so long ago I had open a Spoting JR Hokkaido thread, maybe we can use it to post all the new video featuring JR Hokkaido trains (and why not the JR freight trains runing on JR Hokkaido network).

Mudkip Orange

I don't see the necessity of multiplying threads on the same subject.

I've found that people are much more likely to "like" a video posted as a new thread than a video posted as a response to an existing thread.

Since ###### for "likes" is the new whoring for postcounts, you can expect this trend to continue. bill937ca and I are the worst offenders, although bikkuri bahn seems to have picked up on this phenomenon as of late.

Moderation edit: removed inappropriate language

What a sensible way of answering me. Thanks for that! You could have at least shown some respect to Bill and Andrew. I find your answer insulting to them and the entire forum by the way you advertise such a behaviour.

If you really want to ##### for likes, you should work on your layout and keep us informed of your progress. That will do wonders for your "likes" account.

And I was foolishly hoping to have an open conversation with the other forum users about what to do with all those video threads.

Moderation edit: Removed inappropriate language

Mudkip Orange

I have the utmost respect for Bill and Andrew (andrew = bikkuri?), the videos they post are interesting and bikkuri's responses in threads are often quite illuminating. Personally I think it's unfair how few "likes" bikkuri actually gets considering the knowledge he brings to the table.

You really take everything I say quite seriously, especially for a frenchman.

Yeah, well, being provocative and heavily relying on second (or more) degree have its drawbacks. Even more if you forget to use those little drawings, those little yellow faces also known as smileys. Plus, sometimes your jokes/remarks (like here) are so poor in taste (but that's purely my opinion) that they loose all their sex-appeal and solely appear as being obnoxious or plain rude. At least to me. And here, thou shall not (bad joke, sorry) forget that I (like others here) was not born or raised into english but merely educated into it. I won't ever have the same affinity as you with it and I can easily miss some subtleties that are obvious to you.

In those conditions, misunderstanding can strike quickly.

Is it just me but does the Ozora remind you of the new designed Narita Express?

I'd say it's more the other way around.

Yes Sashinka, you have right and I think this train type family is completely reproduced

from Microace 261-0 and 1000, 281 Heat, 283 Ozora, 789-0 and 1000 and from Kato the Ozora 283 (again) and soon Narita EX from Kato (and Tomix too?)

I hope Microace reproduce the 283 Hokutosei with "Hokuto no Ken" drawings

ciao

Massimo

I don't see the necessity of multiplying threads on the same subject.

Since ###### for "likes" is the new whoring for postcounts, you can expect this trend to continue. bill937ca and I are the worst offenders, although bikkuri bahn seems to have picked up on this phenomenon as of late.

Seeing my name is mentioned I will comment. I look upon "likes" simply as feedback. If no ones interested why bother posting next time?  I'm not seeking attention. I just try to share interesting things that I find and many times I come across something interesting when looking for something completely different.

Including SNOWSHEDS.

I like the snow devil at 2:08 or so. But a cool video overall.

Of course, it seems much more epic when you already have a Bevis Frond song blasting away on iTunes...