Do Japanese-bought Train-Sims work on US PCs?

TestudoToTetsudo

Last year when I was at the mega-electronics-store in Akihabara I saw several interesting-looking Japanese train simulators for sale, which said they worked for Windows XP.  Since they were in the $30-$40 equivalent range (in Yen of course), I didn't buy them because I wasn't sure if 1) I could bring it back to the US and 2) if it would run on a USA version of XP, and didn't want to waste the money if it didn't work.

Does anyone know if it's possible (or allowed) to buy a Japanese train sim and for it to work if you bring it back home and run it on a computer in the US?

Just curious...if so it will be money well spent my next trip to Japan!  Somehow having to race a clock with a second hand while spotting your train down to within 30 cm of a marker is a lot more stimulating than most Microsoft Train Simulator activities...

Thanks!

As I experienced, the Densha De Go series are working on every PC without any problem. At the installation you can see a lot of "?" "@" and other letters instead of Japanese characters, but it can't be a problem for a PC user, just push Enter, Enter, Enter to reach Next, Next, Next!  :grin

For your info: there are some pieces from the DDG series that are priced for JPY 1480 and JPY 1980.

And normally, you can force your Windows to show Japanese characters. There is plenty of tutorial on the subject around the net.