need part# for motor

lsapp1

I have a 10-177 super view odoroki that smoked its motor today and I have lost the manual and can not find one online and am hoping that all of you can help with problem

thank you all in advance

isapp1

please post what you found, good to have the info stored away here on the forum!

we have talked about trying to figure out some way to organize/store info like this for others to access easily in the future.

thanks

jeff

Looking at my collection I didn't find the motor number either. When I went to Hobby Search to find the part there was no listings. This would be a good thing to have an extra motor or 2 lying around.

you were right benard i got a used train from LHS and pulled the motor out of it the train was an american budd rail car it has a similar motor to that on i removed on the odoriko and only cost me 15.99 for the used motor car. and I did not have to wait days to get it and it was available localy

:notworthy:

Isapp1 - It is always good to have an extra motor on hand especially with all the Kato sets we probably all have collected. I have a Minitrix Der Alder set and within a month the motor burned out and it's been impossible to find a replacement, it's now a static model. yuck!

CaptOblivious

I think that, by and large, Kato uses the same motor in nearly all of their (recentish) models; the only difference is the size and shape of the tabs and the configuration of the flywheels.