HP TouchSmart PC ???

domino

I am planing to buy me a new PC, and was thinking about the  HP TouchSmart PC , does anybody have any expereince with this PC ??

Thanks

domino

Brian

We've got some samples of the corporate version around (went with a larger touchscreen and seperate VESA mount PC instead).

If you want an iMac style all in one PC it's fairly good and would get a recommendation from me. My one complaint would be that the monitor is on the glossy side (great for looking at media from a standing position, bad for typing out documents) and it has a kind of "monitor behind a second layer of glass" look to it because of the distance between the raw LCD and the clear digitizer. If you want it for the touch screen portion it is still no different from any previous touch screen of the past 20 years in that it suffers from the "gorilla" problem - it gets tiring very fast to use a computer by touching an upright screen. The touch screen only becomes more ergonomic then keyboard/mouse when you are standing up - at which point you start to want something bigger then 22" (reason we went with 37" and up wall mounted touch screen digital TVs with micro form factor computers).

We use touch screens at work, some are mounted flat on the desk some mounted vertically on a display console, guess which ones the guys hate using?  Every week they have to recalibrated and set up too, so my mind, not for home use, okay for occasional use in a work environment but having to stretch across the desk to podge the screen all the time, no not for me.  Added to the fact I would never by an HP PC anyway and for so many reasons.  If you want a mac get a mac, if you want a PC have a look at Acer