Is this for real ??

domino

:grin I'm pretty sure if it's not for real we all would like it to be. Don't  we allready have a thread about that somewhere?

I wouldn't mind reproducing this on my layout. Next to a 1:150 Gundamm Robot fighting a Godzila. I also need to remember to build some sort of waterway so I can add a giant rubber duck. I love Japan...

I've seen that or similar photos before, but in that one (look at the hands) it's obvious it's some kind of canvas structure either supported by a metal or wood frame, or just with air pressure (judging by the complex shape compared to your typical dealership gorilla I'd guess there is at least a partial internal frame).

I don't think the currents flowing though your legs would be too comfortable... And damn all those 'moefications' of railways, especially Akihabara and the Yamanote-line!

The mystery of the niche hobby has long gone ;_;

I've seen that or similar photos before, but in that one (look at the hands) it's obvious it's some kind of canvas structure either supported by a metal or wood frame, or just with air pressure (judging by the complex shape compared to your typical dealership gorilla I'd guess there is at least a partial internal frame).

Even if the figure is real the photo would certainly have to be photoshopped. Even if you could get the thing in place without damaging the catenary the power would have to be turned off and all other trains on the line stopped for the duration of the shoot, I can't see JR agreeing to the service disruptions that would entail.