zojirushi rice cooker

Hello

I just came back from my holidays in Malaysia and Singapore. As my wife is Malaysian Chinese we eat rice very often so we decided to buy a dedicated rice cooker. Mainly to make rice cooking and warming up easier. After looking at countless models we decided to buy a fancy model the zojirushi NS-TGQ10 which is made for 230V/50HZ and runs just perfectly in Europe. It has advanced fuzzy logic control to make the best rice. At home i was surprise how much better the riced cooked in comparison to our steamer or to using a traditional casserole. I expected the rice would be a bit better but it was up to a whole new level. Don't know how they do it but it tastes like another type of rice. This thing has many settings for different types of rice, porridge and even cake. Still have to test them all.

So if you eat rice often it is really worth to buy a god rice cooker. Even it cost about a Kato trainset.

http://www.zojirushi-world.com/

Krackel Hopper

The girlfriend's parents got us the NS-LAC05, not quite as fancy but it is one of the compact models.  We love rice, but a 10+ cup rice cooker is 1) takes up too much room 2) makes way too much rice.  Our model does up to 3 cups.  It has fuzzy logic.  It does white (or white mixed - if you want to add meat or veggies), sushi rice, brown rice, and porridge.

Until we got this, we would make rice in a pot.  This is a HUGE improvement!  Rice is perfect every time!  Plus - the 12hr keep warm is great!  I've accidentally left it on keep warm for closer to 15hrs and the rice is still perfect!  Being able to set the time for when I want the rice done is a sweet feature too.  Put rice in before work and set the timer to say I want the rice done at 6:00pm, the rice gets done at exactly the time you set!

It's also a heck of a lot easier to clean than the pot!  No rice stuck to the bottom or anything!

Much more expensive than American brand steamer/rice cookers, but certainly worth the investment for anyone who eats rice on any sort of a usual basis.

CaptOblivious

we were so stunned by the rice we ate in Tokyo that upon return we bought a NH-VBC18, the fanciest one the Elephant made at the time. We only rarely make more than a couple of cups, but its been handy when we needed more. The GABA brown rice feature is nice too. Three years on and we still use it several times a week.

qwertyaardvark

Was born and raised on Zojirushi products! A necessity for those who eat rice at least two times a day and eat it with *everything*. Traditional food, fried chicken, omelets, pizza... you name it!

No Filipino house goes without a painting of the Last Supper and a reliable rice cooker~ :grin