1986 Tomix track inspection cars

kmcsjr

I'm looking at a set TOMIX track inspection cars both powered #92007 from 1986. They are attractive, they look like actual cars. Anyone know if they are good cleaners and more importantly, does anyone make one now that is that attractive and that actually cleans track? Also, the guy selling this one wants a bunch of money. What do you think this set is worth (ish).

Thanks

Marty

CaptOblivious

Ah, yes. We know the set, and the sellere you are talking about. Also has an EF81 for like $300? Pass on this set. Here is why.

1 set isn't worth hardly anything at all. More than about $50 is too much, largely because:

2 cleaners work by grinding your rails down, very very rapidly. Good way to destroy your layout, between what was code 80 railbut is now code 55, and the piles of metallic dust.

Martijn Meerts

The best is still when the motor of the train stalls, but the motor of the cleaner doesn't.. Makes nice little holes in the trackwork =)

THanks , he's down to 180. I was thinking heck, if I'm gonna spend 90 bucks on a tomix track cleaning car with a sillyy (sorry) looking little loco to pull it, I'd pay the extrat to have a set that looked like real locos.... Thanks. I guess I'll keep looking for an attractive cleaning car.

When I get the newer version of the Tomix track cleaning wagon, I will most likely run it with two British Class 20's as DRS use Class 20's on their RHTT (Rail Head Treatment Train) rakes :grin.