Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers

Mudkip Orange

Mudkip Orange

What is Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers?

Only the coolest way to arrive and depart Tokyo Station.

OK, so if you're a typical railfan like myself, you're going to step off the Shinkansen at Tokyo Station and immediately transfer to the Chuo Line or some other form of rail transport to continue the amazing tour. But what if you wanted to be completely gangster about it? You can't step off a Nozomi Green Car only to switch to riding standee on a 201-series; that's too proletarian. No, you need a beautiful woman in a beautiful car.

That's where Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers comes in.

Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers is an unmarked pick-up and drop-off point that connects into the underground shopping arcade on the east side of Tokyo Station. The doors to the stairwell look just like an employee entrance to anyone who doesn't know what they're looking for. Once you're safely buckled into your waiting Maybach, Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers shoots you directly out onto the Shuto Loop Line counterclockwise - no surface streets required.

Of course, this doesn't work if you're headed to Chiba, but it's perfect if the secret hideout for your underground criminal syndicate is a nondescript warehouse in the Toshima or Mitaka districts.

post-161-13569924057343_thumb.jpg

post-161-13569924057517_thumb.jpg

Mudkip Orange

It also needs to be noted that you can't do this during the day; otherwise, you'll just get stuck in rush-hour traffic, in which case you're in a Maybach but secretly wishing you'd taken the train - which is much worse then if you just took the train to begin with.

No, to really be awesome you need to show up on the last train of the night, say, Nozomi 58, which puts you into Tokyo at 23:45. By the time you've left Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers, it's midnight, there's no traffic, and your driver can easily double the 60km/h speed limit.

OK, so if you're a typical railfan like myself, you're going to step off the Shinkansen at Tokyo Station and immediately transfer to the Chuo Line or some other form of rail transport to continue the amazing tour...No, you need a beautiful woman in a beautiful car.

What are you saying Mudkip? That a typical railfan isn't interested in beautiful women?  Coz I am!  :laugh:

All the best,

Mark.

Do you know why it's named "Yaesu Mouth Off Passengers"?  The Japanese idea of what names mean is often obscure to an English-only speaker like me, as there's often a pun or implication based on the kanji that just doesn't come across.  But this is one of the weirder ones I've encountered.

And it wasn't clear from your post, but is this a business like a limo service, or just a public pickup/drop-off point with an odd name?