Keikyu - Great in cab video

disturbman

Great video.  Thanks for posting.

I really like how the late-afternoon lighting is dim enough that the signals really stand out, but bright enough to see all of the trackside details.

cool video !! I used Keikyu yesterday from Shinagawa to Yokohama (Rapid). Soon after leaving Shinagawa the train picks up speed massivley. The buildungs to the left and right of the track were even closer to the track than in this vid. It gives an extrem feeling of speed not because of the speed but because of the opticals....

Nice Sound ! However, a motor sound of 2100 Type is good, too

This video is From KANAGAWA-SHINMACHI to KEIKYU-KAWASAKI.

The maximum speed of limited express (特急 TOKKYU) is 110Km/h.

Rapid EXP (快特 KAITOKU) is 120 km/h in this section.

(Referring to first video)

Nice one of a stretch I often take, preferably on an old 1000 series local which unfortunately are few and far between nowadays, 800 series and newer inverter stuff  being the norm.  I recommend the Toyoko Inn at Shin Koyasu, which abuts right up to the Keikyu mainline (about 1:20 in the video).  Keikyu my favorite private railway in Tokyo, and certainly a must ride for first time railfan visitors to Japan.

These are great!,  I need some help though.. I remember seeing one a few months ago that was set to music, can't remember much except I think it was partly at night and around 10 mins long.  I know its a long shot, but does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?? :)

Cheers

Graham

Mudkip Orange

Possibly the slowest video of Keikyu trains you'll see all month - it's the Daishi Line, a short spur off the main into the port area around Kawasaki. Sort of Keikyu's version of the Tsurumi Line.

• Like 1

In the first video of this thread--does anybody know what the small, traditional-looking structure by the level crossing at 1:39 is?

bikkuri bahn

In the first video of this thread--does anybody know what the small, traditional-looking structure by the level crossing at 1:39 is?

That's the gate to the Henjyoin Temple, located in Shin-Koyasu.  You have to cross the tracks at a pedestrian-only gated crossing to access the temple.  It's a bit famous for this feature.

http://fukanok.art.coocan.jp/yokohama/stroll/20100209/photo/021.jpg

Possibly the slowest video of Keikyu trains you'll see all month - it's the Daishi Line, a short spur off the main into the port area around Kawasaki. Sort of Keikyu's version of the Tsurumi Line.

I love these little branch lines and backwaters away from the hustle and bustle of the mainline.

That's the gate to the Henjyoin Temple, located in Shin-Koyasu.  You have to cross the tracks at a pedestrian-only gated crossing to access the temple.  It's a bit famous for this feature.

Cool--thanks! And nice picture.