Need help identifying

Muller_ivanov

Muller_ivanov

Hello! I'm a bit need of a help identifying this greenmax economy kit old JNR commuter train, it's been passed down by a friend of mine as a gift. I assume it's a moha,kumoha,ki,kiha type car

But it's still and doesn't seem match for my recent investigation...

I appreciate such help

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

Edited by Muller_ivanov
bill937ca

It looks like a J.N.R. Electric Car Type KUHA55 Control Car or a J.N.R. Electric Car Type KUMOHA41 Control Motor Car.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10007399

About 55 Kuha form
20m of syngeneic class control car are manufactured at the same time as Kumoha 41. 41 is an intensive system in the Kansai area originally
Has been turned on, and become like, which are also used in the Tokyo area after, corresponding to the long months of organization

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10007398

As the first 20m class electric car of JNR (accompanying car / control car has already changed from 32 series for ska line to 20m), the format that appeared in 1952. The 17m class standard electric vehicle Moha 33 (→ Kumoha 11 300 has an additional door window, and was initially introduced on the Joto and Katamachi lines in Osaka.

The criteria I used are;

-3 doors

-1-5-5-2 windows

Not many trains fit that criteria.  Many versions had 4 doors and fewer windows.

If you have a modern layout perhaps you could add a railway museum or place the car on a piece of track with a railfans "restoring" it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your model appears to represent KuMoHa 41850, one of two KuMoHa 41 type cars to receive lowered roofs allowing them to be used on the Minobu line, it was part of what is sometimes collectively known as the 40 series cars, though that in itself is somewhat of an unofficial classification, which encompasses the MoHa 40 type, MoHa 41 type, KuHa 55 type, SaRoHa 56 type, SaHa 57 type and KuHaNi 67 type cars (as built), while also including modified/reclassified cars introduced during and after the war.

The MoHa 40 type/40 series cars were the most numerous of the prewar/wartime old fashioned electric cars to be built for the Ministry of Railways (sometimes referred to as kyūgata kokuden in Japan) with a total of 425 cars being built between 1932 and 1943. They were originally built as commuter cars for use on commuting services on the newly electrified Katamachi and Jōtō line (now part of the Ōsaka loop line), though part of the second order would also be used on the Keihin line (the Keihin part of the current Keihin Tōhoku line), which was the only electrified line in the Kantō area capable of handling 20m class cars at that time. Cars built from that point onward would be built for both the Kantō and Keihanshin areas, and with the electrification of the Sōbu mainline in 1935 following the construction of the elevated section between Ochanomizu and Ryōgoku a large number of new cars would be built for use in the Kantō area.

The prototype for your car was originally built as the first car of the first batch of the Shōwa 9 (1935) order of MoHa 40 type cars, recognizable by the enlarged cabs (though I'm not sure this is represented in your model) and the original, flat, front (starting from the Shōwa 10 order, a semi-streamlined front would be used instead) and she was originally delivered as MoHa 40128, though this was changed to 40048 in April of 1936. As she was built as a MoHa 40 type car, she was originally fitted with corner cabs at both ends of the car. During the war 40048 would be one of 22 MoHa 40 type cars scheduled to be converted into single cab cars, with the corner cabs being replaced by a single full width cab on one end of the car, while the aft cab was removed to allow for the passenger compartment to be extended. This would also see the cars being classified as MoHa 41 type, which was the existing classification for the single cab variant of the MoHa 40 type, with MoHa 40048 being reclassified as MoHa 41095 in 1943.

MoHa 41095 would be reclassified as KuMoHa 41095 as part of the amended 1959 vehicle classification regulations, and would be transferred to the Minobu line in 1963 as the influx of new-performance cars being introduced by the National Railway at that point in time saw the 20m class old fashioned electric cars slowly being transferred to electrified (DC) local lines during this period, where they themselves would be replacing older 17m class cars. For use on the Minobu line motor cars had the roof section where the pantograph was mounted lowered, in order to maintain enough space between the base of the pantograph and the contact shoe when traversing the narrow tunnels on the line (similar modifications were also performed for equipment used on the Chūō-Higashi line for example), which for KuMoHa 41095 was completed in May of 1963. Cars which received the low roof modification would be reclassified as 800 sub-type cars, which saw KuMoHa 41095 being reclassified as KuMoHa 41850 following after being completed. She would be scrapped on August 22nd, 1981.

http://kokuden.net/mc53/sub.htm/sub40/sub40-41/sub40-41.htm

https://yasuo-ssi.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/02/20/233000

-> 8mm Footage of the Minobu line shot in 1975. Though KuMoHa 41850 isn't part of any of the trains being shown, as far as I can determine, it does show the similarly modified KuMoHa 60 type 800 sub-type cars in action. (credit: eh500douga)

-> And in 1982. A similar situation to the footage shown above, with KuMoHa 41850 having of course already having been scrapped by this point in time. (credit: Shigeru Igarashi)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Muller_ivanov
8 hours ago, bill937ca said:

It looks like a J.N.R. Electric Car Type KUHA55 Control Car or a J.N.R. Electric Car Type KUMOHA41 Control Motor Car.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10007399

About 55 Kuha form
20m of syngeneic class control car are manufactured at the same time as Kumoha 41. 41 is an intensive system in the Kansai area originally
Has been turned on, and become like, which are also used in the Tokyo area after, corresponding to the long months of organization

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10007398

As the first 20m class electric car of JNR (accompanying car / control car has already changed from 32 series for ska line to 20m), the format that appeared in 1952. The 17m class standard electric vehicle Moha 33 (→ Kumoha 11 300 has an additional door window, and was initially introduced on the Joto and Katamachi lines in Osaka.

The criteria I used are;

-3 doors

-1-5-5-2 windows

Not many trains fit that criteria.  Many versions had 4 doors and fewer windows.

If you have a modern layout perhaps you could add a railway museum or place the car on a piece of track with a railfans "restoring" it.

I appreciate such help and detailed information and where it originates, I deeply thank to mr. 200 too for the historical background of the train. I bestow all of my gratitude.