How to change coupling for KATO Pocket Line engine?

Dillon

Since I'm planning to operate some of the Kato Pocket line models, I looked through Amazon and saw that the KATO N Gauge Chibi Convex Set has these funky couplings that my Southern Pacific observation car has(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R46SS4G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=A28V1QXS53MQKP&th=1), and I'm planning to convert them to the standard KATO couplings that most of the rolling I own, for the reason is that I'm planning to operate with American cabooses, as caboose hops and probably some passenger excursions. Still, I don't know what materials to start or how to convert the model in the link safely so I won't damage the model, any tips will help.

-Dillon Trinh

Edited by Dillon
Added some info
bill937ca

Be aware the Pocket Line steam locomotive is not powered. The power unit is under one of the coaches.

1 hour ago, bill937ca said:

Be aware the Pocket Line steam locomotive is not powered. The power unit is under one of the coaches.

Odd that I didn't get a notification from this comment, but anyway, I did not know that, thanks for telling me this, though I'm interested in the electric locomotives of that line.

• Like 1