Nevada Steam Spectacular at Silver Age Comic Con

Dillon

Dillon
Posted (edited)

I've been talking about this convention and my operation for a while, but here we have Nevada Steam Spectacular, a celebration of 844's 80th birthday and the 160th anniversary of Nevada(my state), there will be operating passenger excursion sessions for each engine, including photo shoots. I plan to buy the Broadway Limited Reading 2102 in N Scale Stealth Mode, to operate a light engine run during the convention. I'm also planning to print out the schedules so people can use them whenever they want to see what time for each session. I'm excited about this because it'll be the first time that my layout and my engines are seen in public for the first time. If this is successful, I'm planning to do this again in 2025 with Reading 2102 and that engine's 80th anniversary.

My photos by the way.

Link to convention site:

https://www.silveragecomiccon.com/

844 Schedule.jpg

4014 Schedule.jpg

4449 schedule.jpg

Nevada Steam Spectacular.jpg

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1
cteno4

That’s great! Anime folks love the trains, not just because of the Japanese connection, I think it’s just the modeling and creative aspect as well. Plus everyone just likes trains. At open public events one of the most frequent comments are “I had a trains when I was a kid!” (To which I retort “you can still be a big kid and have some model trains!”) or “My dad or grandpa or uncle had a big train set I use to play with a lot!” (To which I retort “well you can have a big train set now for you and your kids or grandkids to play with!”).

Public events can be a bit hard as at times you have to engage them to get them talking, so you look for little lines you can say to start a conversation and relax them a bit (folks can be a bit guarded walking by booths) and many times folks open up a lot and their interest increases a lot.

Enjoy!

jeff

Dillon
8 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Public events can be a bit hard as at times you have to engage them to get them talking, so you look for little lines you can say to start a conversation and relax a bit (folks can be a bit guarded walking by booths) and many times folks open up a lot and their interest increases a lot.

Interactions are my goal for this.

• Like 1