東駅

E_Fredrick

E_Fredrick

Azuma, a first look.

Set up, for the moment, on a spare table, this is the 北東 (Tōhokutō *, north-east) end of 東駅 (Higashieki), my (Azuma, or eastern) passenger station – towns and stations being named by ordinal directions as the shelf layout traverses the walls of my den. The Tomix station needs three elevators to be built so that it will be barrier-free. 

* Not to be confused with 北東駅 Tōhokutō-eki the other terminal of my railway line.

Passengers -- some of which sadly had to be relieved of their little plastic heads and / or legs -- are transported on several two and three-car sets of Kato’s 102/3 series electric cars in five different colors. They are scheduled to (someday in the future) have those bulky Rapido couplers replaced by semi-scale Katos currently sitting in tiny bags on my workbench.

Okay, the pictures take up too much bandwith to be transfered en-block . . .. So there will be multiple entries here.

East 3.jpg

East 2.jpg

East 1.jpg

Edited by E_Fredrick
  • Like 6
E_Fredrick
Posted (edited)

The Micro-Ace engine is pulling four Kato wagons into the future site of an overhead freight house. Yes, in the real world freight may be containerized and delivered by lorries, but lots of short WaM 8000’s and 38000’s provide more operational possibilities. Especially after their Rapido couplers are replaced with semi-scale Kadees.

Eventually there will be two freight platforms – easily holding five wagons apiece – for incoming and outgoing freight with elevators up to a warehouse and lorry dock.

There are two small EMU yards that will share a car-washer – also unbuilt and sitting on my workbench. They hold a total of five, three-car consists, and a two-car consist, plus another two or three-car lash-up blocking everything else in.

The track is all Tomix Fine Scale, and two boxes of Green Max walls will keep passers-by out of harm's way. The third building from the left is a parking garage that will be filled with Evemodel autos, a multitude of their plastic people are already in the EMUs and will eventually be found in every conceivable location.

east 6.jpg

east 5.jpg

east 4.jpg

Edited by E_Fredrick
  • Like 5
E_Fredrick
Posted (edited)

More pictures . . .. The yardsticks and rulers establish the maximum (normally) available space – although with a bit of extra woodworking another three inches or so of space for scenery can, and likely will, be created at each end.

南東駅 (Nantō-eki) and 南駅 (Minami-eki) are logically enough the next two stations down the line. Eventually everything will be placed on a series of Klawndyke’s 28-inch, (36-inch) triple, and 17-inch corner T-track modules – five of which I have already built – and graced with many Green Max and Outland structures in addition to Woodland Scenic's grass and trees. Currently sites other than 東駅 are just passing loops. 

Route: 東 - 南東 - 南 - 南西 - 西 - 北西 - 北 - 北東

–E

east 11.jpg

east 10.jpg

east 7.jpg

Edited by E_Fredrick
  • Like 4
E_Fredrick
14 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Welcome @E_Fredrick

can you tell us a little about yourself?

jeff

I am an FAA certificated A&P currently working at MKE. Into N-scale since the 6th grade, I was introduced to Green Max, Tomix, Micro Ace, and Kato by the late Steve Mohan, St. Louis' own "Irish Engineer," while a student at Parks College.

• Like 1