I destroyed a Koki with rear lights any possibility I can revive it?

bc6

• So with my limited knowledge of Koki I accidentally messed up the rear light on my Kato Koki.
  • The way I did that was by filing off the housing that holds the light tubes because I couldn't get a container to fit flush on the Koki. 
  • The LEDs still work and there is a replacement Z08-0724 (Koki 107 tail hand pickpocket/handle) that replaces the light tube. 
  • I've included a pic of the carnage for your viewing pleasure. 
  • I've ordered some fiberoptic filament that I'm planning to run from the light source to the railing to project light. 
  • My only qualm is how to replicate the housing that holds the tube. I've been thinking about making a 3D-printed housing but that's going to be tough. 
  • Got any suggestions to make this Koki functional once again as a rear car?

20240316_231852.thumb.jpg.6a16ae12fbabfc30f06eaa5821b0f332.jpg

disturbman

Repair it to look like a normal Koki and get a new one with a tail light. That would be the less headache inducing solution. L

As a side note, you don’t need one with a tail light to make a prototypical consist. You can just use those reflective red panels 🙂

The Assy part replaces the light housing but there’s no parts to replace the damaged deck or light channels so I’d say you chalk this one up as a lesson. Will be a pain to try and rebuild this. 

Its only snowy areas that use these so other modelled areas use the red reflectors as @disturbman suggested. 

katoftw

You have been unlucky this past year.  This has gotta be for 3rd or 4th I've-broken-something thread.

...but the lit end is the handrail end so a container should have enough of a gap between the rail and the container for the light pipe

Thanks Rod.H I just got some replacement light pipe and this week Im going to try to fix it.