Question for DCC soldering a KATO Iida-Line EMU

Hello there,

can someone maybe help me?

I plan to DCC all my Iida Line Kato EMUs, which are not DCC-Ready for FM13/FL12 Decoders.

How do I need to solder/cut this lightboard for working White Head and Red Tail Light?

1.jpg.813ddb2a2322320de031be5cf1f5bf67.thumb.jpg.65bc4f1b0986c5ef4b0ed4c9f1ea174a.jpg

Side with the Front Light

2.jpg.eca84210e3889f6ef1998e5fbf6ef7c0.thumb.jpg.7de1975391b7587a6dacea670a7123a1.jpg

Side with the Tail Light

Hello,

I have no experience with exactly this type of board, but may be the information of a similar one can help (from Kato EF64):

board.jpg

board2.jpg

You will have to adapt it to your board, but the general procedure I guess it will be the same, here you can read the full info:

http://www.clubncaldes.com/2016/02/kato-3024-1-ef64-1000-dcc-digitalization.html

Check the rest of the models I have converted to DCC in case there is a more similar board.

Cheers,

Dani

Edited by Dani
  • Like 2

Is the motor car one of the front or back cars or do you need separate function decoders in the cab cars (front and end car) from your motor decoder somewhere in the middle?   I buy the bi-polar decoders as you don't have to change anything on the boards in the trains with them.  They adapt to the power correctly.

Also, see this thread for general info on bipolar and also someone who used a motor decoder from Lais as one -- just as background info as it may help with understanding the problem: