Salutations

Kotori

Hello!

I’m brand-new to the model railroad hobby and am just beginning to build my first layout.  I’m starting small for now due to space constraints, but I am modeling JR in N scale.  I have not yet decided which JR region specifically, though I’m leaning towards JR East.

I’ve joined the forum to help me learn more about the hobby, and to look for tips, tricks, and how-tos.  I’m happy to be here and to see what I can find.

Thank you all, and I look forward to meeting you fellow modelers!

• Like 5

Hi @Kotori, glad you found us!

it’s a fun hobby and lots of nice people here to interact with. Start a topic on your layout planning!

cheers

jeff

@cteno4, thank you for the welcome!  I’m glad I’ve found the forum; I’ve already seen a LOT of useful information!  I’ll start a topic on that soon, though as of now I don’t have much to work with, so it’s not nearly as extravagant or professional as some of the layout planning I’ve seen… at least, not yet.

MeTheSwede

Welcome Kotori!

The model train hobby is full of big ambitious projects that never even got half finished, so some space constraints can actually be a good thing.

There are many of us here who enjoy reading about what a beginner is up to, so there's absolutely no reason to compare yourself to more experienced or ambitious modellers. Besides as for planning, I suppose most Japanese N-scale layouts starts with a guy opening a box with track pieces assembling something on the floor making design decisons as he goes, and possibly plopping down a few buildings. Then he drives some trains on the said track, until he gets tired and packs everything up before going to bed.

Don't hesitate to ask for advice when you can't find the tips, tricks and how-tos you are looking for.