New Daiso In My Area

ATShinkansen

The second Daiso in the Austin area (Round Rock, actually) opened last weekend, and I was able to go to the opening day.  I was fortunate enough to get one of the promotional bags; didn’t think I would with how insanely long the line was!

IMG_8441.thumb.jpeg.6989f0a0f2ec045a8b36b06b8bbcbfa5.jpeg

72204898756__D4142375-D476-42C6-857C-ABC3A42FD046.thumb.jpeg.487bdd4f268bd458cbbc11c6955e6193.jpeg

Found plenty of items in the office section that I plan to use for modeling.  They even have display cases for models; I bought these display risers for my fleet until my railroad is operable again.

IMG_8444.jpeg

• Like 3

In the Chicago suburbs there are 2 Daiso places I know of: "Tensuke" market which has a Daiso area and "Hello Tokyo" which I believe is just a Daiso running under a different name. I love the different Shinkansen nanoblock kits they have.

I’m surprised they have not hit here as we have a lot of temp Japanese workers here in dc for year of to stints and a decent expat community. But not anywhere as big as California. Old neighbor of my parents in California was nisei (but Japanese first language and congressional gold metal recipient for intelligence work along with his two brothers in 442nd). His niece was in Chicago and got him to move out to Chicago as they had a large assisted living facility that had a whole floor of issei and nisei and it was a joy to him to have everyone around him then speaking Japanese.

im so jealous of your stores! Friend sout in the sf Bay Area are always going to diaso and I get little gifts in the mail now and then. I am afraid of how much I could drop there even if on very inexpensive little things.

jeff

14 hours ago, Yugamu Tsuki said:

In the Chicago suburbs there are 2 Daiso places I know of: "Tensuke" market which has a Daiso area and "Hello Tokyo" which I believe is just a Daiso running under a different name. I love the different Shinkansen nanoblock kits they have.

I need to keep an eye out for those!  My promo bag came with a nanoblock ambulance.