Tony - Japan 2024 Planning

Tony Galiani

On 1/29/2024 at 5:33 PM, Tony Galiani said:

it seems it is possible to simply put the card in my Wallet and make sure I have it loaded with sufficient funds and then I can just tap my phone on the reader when I want to use it.  So I really don't need to go through the entire enrollment process.  Does that seem correct?

Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing the past several trips to Japan.  Optionally, you can load it to your Apple Watch but I've never done that. My understanding is that it has to be on the iPhone or the Watch, not both.

Tony Galiani

More learning - didn't know it could be on a watch.  My wife and I have it on our phones and that worked well for us on our last trip.

Tony

Tony Galiani

Hadn't planned to post any more pics but my wife sent me a few more she downloaded from her camera last night.  A picture of the kei truck Death by Curry for Jeff and some more KiHas for Alastair.  Those pics were taken during our visit to Onumakoen.

Had been mulling another trip in April as I had such a good time and airfares for my initial plan - a brief visit to Paris in April - were insanely high.  Then, as soon as I went to book - things reversed - fares to Japan tripled and I found a potentially good fare to Paris.  The volatility of airfares never ceases to amaze me.  So maybe no more Japan pics for a little while.

Ciao,

Tony

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

• Like 5

Oooh gotta put that on the model it list!

thanks Tony!

jeff

On 3/13/2024 at 11:17 PM, cteno4 said:

Oooh gotta put that on the model it list!

thanks Tony!

jeff

You mean the Curry of Death van, right?

4 hours ago, mojo said:

You mean the Curry of Death van, right?

yes!

• Like 1