Hi, my name is Andy from NSW Australia.. and I am a Japanese Shinkansen addict.

b.nice2000

Seriously though.

I have just started scenic work on my Japanese high speed train layout, which I have named "Mt Foo-Gee" 

It is 12.5m long  0.9m wide and has 4 separate tracks in "high" and "low" pairs + a little tram section.

Track is fully operational, except the tram section.

LOTS of temples, and old Japanese town.. and I'm thinking of putting a modern city at one end as well. if I can find the buildings. (any help.. very useful.. can 3D print)

If people are interested, I'll takes some more pictures of what I have so far, but it is very early days, with lots of foam blocks etc

Mt Foo-Gee.JPG

Temple 1.JPG

temple 2.JPG

temple 3.JPG

temple 4.JPG

• Like 9

Hi Andy, welcome to the forums! Glad you found us, sounds like you have an incurable case like the rest of us. Layout looks like lots of fun. Please start a topic on it in the layout forum and keep us posted on the evolution of the layout.

cheers

jeff

Also addicted to long American passenger trains.. have a 14m long N-scale 4 track US layout as well.. Much more advanced.

Probably doesn't belong here though  🙂

Also a smaller Swiss N-scale.. and a British OO layout.)

But I'm not addicted.. really I'm not. ! 🙂

Will look at starting a "layout" thread as suggested. 

Denial is more than a river in Egypt… 

is that 14m or track loop or layout 14m long?! either is very impressive. If you wish start a topic on it as well as it’s always great to see how folks go about their layouts.

cheers,

jeff

Layout itself is 14m long..  each track probably 30+m long.  

It is a big layout with lots of "scenes".

I will set up a new page in the layouts section. 🙂

• Like 1
On 11/24/2023 at 11:21 PM, tossedman said:

Welcome Andy! I too love the Shinkansen but only have room for a 16 car B-Train Shorty Zero Series Shinkansen.

Cheers,

Todd

@tossedman How many drive units do you use in your 16 car B-train consist ?

Hy there, I too am a bit of a Shinkansen addict. Just got back to Oz from my first trip to Japan. Rode the Shinkansen a few times - and both times that I went past Fuji I had amazing views! If you're after buildings, you probably know but Tomix and Kato make a great selection of contemporary Japanese buildings. I made sure to grab a FamilyMart 😛 

• Like 2
b.nice2000
Posted (edited)

Hi N-Osoi....  See my reply sort of.. in the Layout section

Edited by b.nice2000
  • Like 1
b.nice2000
Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 4:46 PM, N-Osoi said:

Hy there, I too am a bit of a Shinkansen addict. Just got back to Oz from my first trip to Japan. Rode the Shinkansen a few times - and both times that I went past Fuji I had amazing views! If you're after buildings, you probably know but Tomix and Kato make a great selection of contemporary Japanese buildings. I made sure to grab a FamilyMart 😛 

Hi N-Osoi..

Plenty of buildings.. If you go to the "structures" section, you will see I have created a whole huge city scape, based mostly on buildings in the Ginza area.

Here is a pic of FooGee City....  iteration N... as n tends to infinity  😉

FooGee City 0.JPG

Edited by b.nice2000
  • Like 1
b.nice2000
On 12/21/2023 at 11:22 AM, tossedman said:

Two! And it works great. 

Hi..

I don't have a dedicated B-shorty layout.. YET !

But I do have one in mind.... which I can't tell you about....  cos' it's a secret ... and I don't know if it will even work.  🙂

• Like 1
b.nice2000
10 hours ago, tossedman said:

Cool! Post pictures when the secret's out.

When / if, I ever think about building it..

Need to experiment how steep spirals can be and the B-train Shorties still cope uphill.  (oops.. gave away part of the secret).

• Like 1