Dekotora - Decorated Trucks of Japan

bill937ca

• cteno4 changed the title to Dekotora - Decorated Trucks of Japan

Thanks bill, nice article, wish it was longer. I was surprised to see we did not have a dedicated topic on Dekotora! 

I love dekotora and the very interesting subculture. Sadly I t’s been on the decline the last decade or so as the author notes. It’s such wonderfully expressive joy, but sadly sort of goes down the path of tattoos and such and not so accepted. In reading about it over the years the participants interviewed all have been interesting and creative folks that seemed to find a home and expressive outlet they had not had before. Always wonderful to see that happen in positive and creative ways. Dekotora shows are quite fun, there use to be a number on YouTube.

I have a nice set of the soda bottle models at 1/150 which are a prized possession. I’ve wanted to do a meet up scene wit them in a parking lot of field. Also hope to light some up with fiber optics to make for some fun light play!

jeff

• Like 1

There's a great series of video games called Dekotora Densetsu where you get to drive and customize your own dekotora, quite fun and it lets you honk and yell stuff at other drivers 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1