First look at new Express Yakumo Rolling Stock

SwallowAngel

(Tbh this isn't my field of expertise, but this is the first actual footage of this train I could find...)

The new Series 273 rolling stock is scheduled to enter service on the Ltd. Yakumo Express in 2024.

• Like 8
Matthew Brown

I like the look of it. Not sure how to describe the color, sort of a deep metallic cinnamon perhaps? My wife says it's a pumpkin spice train.

• Haha 4
HankyuDentetsu

Looking really good, paint scheme is outstanding. Colour reminds me of Lexus's premium trim for the latest RX

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4XBbgoreS_E/sddefault.jpg

Really looking great, and what a lovely route it takes, too. Heading to Tottori is such a luxury treat - out into the quiet part of Honshu, relatively untouched by international tourists.

I do love the 381 it replaces though - I think it has one of the coolest liveries of trains from that era, really lovely colour scheme.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/JRW-381-yakumo-color.jpg/1280px-JRW-381-yakumo-color.jpg

Doesn't look half bad, it reminds me of the Kagone, with the gold mixed with the orange to make that pumpkin spice color, and inverted with the white.

3 hours ago, Gunzel said:

But not as good as what they are replacing in my opinion. 

The Yuttari Yakumo livery is particularly fetching indeed.

Nimo5 has put up some videos of this.  Here is one of them:

How long before a model is produced?

Ciao,

Tony

Edited by Tony Galiani
to fix the video link
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

How long before a model is produced?

I wouldn't be surprised if Tomix announces a model in the coming months. The differences with the other JR West golf balls are rather minimal, and Tomix has been quite quick to announces releases of new trains/liveries with big sales potential (HC85, 315, Tobu N100). I would assume the new Yakumo falls into this category.