Interior Lighting for Tomix Jr500 98662

mrsteveseag

Hello! I need some help deciding on some interior lighting. I recently got a beautiful Tomix Hello Kitty Shinkansen and I want some interior lighting to see the stickers inside n stuff. But I’m not sure what kind of lighting to get because I know the front and end cars are a bit shorter. 

Can someone just point me in the right direction for a good, not flickering interior light that fits the 8 car set? It would be greatly appreciated!

One option is the standard Tomix coach lighting although with dirty track, you’ll get flicker.

Poppondetta produce their own lighting with a capacitor to eliminate flicker which they make in a range of different styles to fit the main manufacturers coach designs and come in individuals or sets of 7, with wide range of colours including white modern style lighting or warmer older incandescent type. I think their newest product switches colours with a magnet and comes in packs of 10. 

A Type for Tomix, Poppondetta narrow fitting coaches. 

B Type fits Tomix, Poppondetta and Microace although they produce a wide option which may not fit in all trains.

Not sure which width you need for 500

C Type is for Kato general use

D Type for Kato coaches with preinstalled prisms (to my knowledge)

All lighting strips or prisms can be made shorter to fit relevant coach by snapping off the unwanted section. 

6 hours ago, Kamome said:

Poppondetta produce their own lighting with a capacitor to eliminate flicker which they make in a range of different styles to fit the main manufacturers coach designs and come in individuals or sets of 7, with wide range of colours including white modern style lighting or warmer older incandescent type. I think their newest product switches colours with a magnet and comes in packs of 10. 

Actually, they don't. The light units are produced by a Hong-Kong-based company, HKTILC. For lights, it's better not to use the original manufacturer's offering, they are all inferior to the HKTILC/Popondetta lights.

Best is to order directly from HKTILC, https://hktilc.com/, and buy the Advanced version with capacitor. Or to order densha.me TOG2 lights. These are equipped with batteries that charges while the train is on track, https://www.densha.me/.

Tomix Series 500 Shinkansen uses the narrow type. Color of the light is mostly a question of taste. A good trick is to used one slightly more yellow for the Green Car than for the normal cars.

Edited by disturbman