DVDs

harukablue

Well i have too many holidays left at my work,,over here they run from April to April you get your 25 days and you cant carry any over thus i have a few left so have taken today and monday to give me a long weekend.

So what have I done on this spare day?,,,well Mrs Haruka suggested some clothes washing!!, gardening!!, car washing!! sounds like work to me so i thought long and hard an by coincidence a DVD arrived with the postman at 10 this morning, so i took a cab ride on my names sake the 281 Haruka from Kyoto to Narita in about an hour an a half, filmed on a nice sunny day with some interesting passing freight and local trains. Narration is in Japanese but along the ride the station names, marshalling yards etc are in Japanese and English.

I have several of these cab-ride DVDs can be good information for layout planning and design too.

Lew

...filmed on a nice sunny day with some interesting passing freight and local trains

Yes, I always like riding the shin-kaisoku trains on the Tokaido Line between Kyoto and Osaka- the Tokaido Line is interesting (much more so than in the Kanto area IMO).  Also, the Hanwa Line towards the direction of Kansai AP sees 103 series units still in operation.  For DVD's of this area, I recommend Vicom's 223 series Shin Kaisoku video (I have the Blu-ray version, which is excellent).

the 281 Haruka from Kyoto to Narita in about an hour an a half.

Wait, what?! Shouldn't that be Kansai-Airport?

Arrrggghhh yes thanks that called being distracted

...filmed on a nice sunny day with some interesting passing freight and local trains

Yes, I always like riding the shin-kaisoku trains on the Tokaido Line between Kyoto and Osaka- the Tokaido Line is interesting (much more so than in the Kanto area IMO).  Also, the Hanwa Line towards the direction of Kansai AP sees 103 series units still in operation.  For DVD's of this area, I recommend Vicom's 223 series Shin Kaisoku video (I have the Blu-ray version, which is excellent).

Yes I have part two of the 221 trip from Osaka--Kyoto--Biwa lake line

the 281 Haruka from Kyoto to Narita in about an hour an a half.

Wait, what?! Shouldn't that be Kansai-Airport?

Arrrggghhh yes thanks that called being distracted

Could be that new Ultra-super Express series maglev *_*