Tomytec TM-LRT05

Robsr

Just a heads up that HobbySearch have these tram chassis in stock now.

I had  a vague email at the weekend and emailed them to ask whether they were in stock or not and got a reply this morning that they were in stock and ready for shipping. 
just waiting for two to arrive now but Sod’s Law says the ETA will be whilst I’m on holiday. 

• Like 1

The TM -LRT05 motorised chassis arrived today. 
mice looked at the back of the box and done everything they say to do, including placing the two plastic blocks in the roof, although I don’t know why they’re used. 
move pushed the body onto the chassis in the order they say but it still feels a little bit loose. 
it drives ok and doesn’t wobble so I’m assuming it’s ok but should the 5 body segments clip or snap onto the chassis or do they just sit on top?

thanks 

IMG_3442.jpeg

Robsr, I'm having trouble understanding your post, but what goes inside the roof boxes (over the two powered trucks) are small rectangular metal weights (not "plastic blocks") that come with the TM-TR05. They don't add much weight, but they help a little. The roof box on your center section does not look to be fully down in place. Try shaking that section around a little to get the weight in the center, so the roof box clicks down fully around it.

On the body, it's best to put on the two ends and the middle section first. They don't click sharply into place, but as you put them on, you will feel them "home in" on where they should be, and they will tend to stay there. Then put on the second and fourth pieces (with the pantographs), since their roof ends go above the roof ends of the other pieces. As a final check, on a straight track (and not on a rerailer) the edges and colors of the sides should all line up and be level. Check visually the small gap between the rail top and the bottom edge of the tram body for uniformity. The black diaphragms between the sections should all appear to be equally wide, if everything is in the right place.

It's best to operate the tram with the motor and powered axles toward the front. This "pulling" action helps avoid any issues with the tram sections not straightening out when leaving a curve and entering straight track.

I hope this helps!

Rich K.

• Like 1

Rich. According to the instructions on the box I’ve put the two small blocks (they felt plastic but might be metal, albeit very light) in the first and central units.

I did put the sections on in the order of 1,5,3,2,4 as you look at it left to right.

I’ll look at the bottom line of the body when I’m back from holiday in two weeks. 
I’ve got a straight and twisty test track and it seemed to handle both well at all speeds from slow to warp factor nine. The tram matched my Kato Eurostar power unit over 5 laps of the test loop but I wouldn’t like to be in either. 😂

On 8/24/2023 at 3:28 AM, Robsr said:

The TM -LRT05 motorised chassis arrived today.

I just installed one of these myself - it was a lot easier than I anticipated. It does feel a tiny bit loose as there weren't too many definite 'snaps' into place, but it looks good and works perfectly. Just a shame that the motor unit means that you can't use the supplied seating pieces. Wonder if there's a lighting kit? 🤔

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_8002.JPG

IMG_8001.JPG

• Like 3