Looking to Donate some stuff in Tokyo. GMAT 6594. Grant Matsuoka in Setagaya.

gmat

It's been a while since I've posted here. I'm still in Tokyo. COVID and age means that I just shoot the Setagaya Line nowadays. I still have a couple of Kato, one Tomy and a Bachmann starter sets. I've put the tracks, controller into a clear plastic tool kit as it was easier to lend it to my students. I'm looking for a good home for these and will be willing to donate them to kids or a club. I have several Bachmann EZ-Command sets, too. I have some Kato Japanese and US trains but haven't decided how I will dispose of them. I also have a stack of US train magazines. Bikkuri Bahn, you are welcome to them, for free.

My wife has asked that I clear out a lot of stuff accumulated over the years.

I've also had prostate c for the past year and a half but save for weak legs, am OK.

• Like 1

Grant,

sorry to hear on the health, hope the leg strength comes back soon for you.

only club I know is the one up in Iwate that is our sister club. If you don’t find a home maybe one of them comes down to Tokyo now and then. I think they do some setups at their shows for kids to play with.

also maybe a local school? Maybe they have a train club? 

jeff

cteno4, Thank you. The Iwate club may be an option. I could takkubin in from Tokyo as it's more convenient.

The school might be an option.

Is Railsquid still in Japan? 

Thank you.

cteno4, can you ask if the Iwate club would like it if I sent them the train starter sets? I'll send it by takkyubin.

I have some small knick nacks like train tickets that I can send you as a thank you.

Thank you.

Grant,

ok I’ll have our member who lived there for 2.5 years and was a member of the iwate club contact them. He writes and speaks Japanese.

could you on me a list of what you have to donate, I’m sure they will ask that up front.

thanks,

jeff

Thank you. Sorry for the delay. Going to the immigration office today. Will take some photos of the train starter sets and various trains  and I guess magazines that can go with them. Send it in a SD card to them or maybe upload the pictures on this thread. I haven't posted pics online in ages. Can photos be uploaded here from my computer w/o using a server like Imgur? Thank you.

flickr or kek.gg seem the best.

Grant,

no worries. Maybe best to just start an album here on the forum and you can upload your pictures of the stuff there and I can point the club to the album then.

I’ll pm you and we can work out details

jeff

The Karo starter sets are packed like this.

One is a US controller in English but the control piece may be broken. I will post pictures of the trains that I'll include with them.

DSC_0014.JPG

I will sort out the trains/ train sets that I'll include with the starter sets and post new pictures tomorrow.

This is the Tomix Thomas the Train Starter Set.

DSC_0020.JPG

On 8/23/2023 at 11:37 AM, gmat said:

The tracks and controller for a Bachmann starter set. Plus another set of circular tracks.

DSC_0011.JPG

I'd love to get my hands on that Bachmann controller, as it's nice and small and works well with my non-Japanese DCC-capable-but-not-DCC stuff. I would be happy to pay a reasonable sum (or donate equivalent to charity or something); if you live along the Setagaya Line I can swing by on my bicycle some weekend (would need to be a reasonably cloudy day though).

Railsquid. I can send the controller to you. Kato or Tomix tracks?  I'll post photos of the of the transformer and the line that has the connector to fit to Kato tracks. Tonight, I'll test it out to see if it still works. No need to pay for the controller. It's the black transformer mistakenly shown with the Tomix stuff. The blue white line with large connector above it is the line to be plugged into the Kato tracks.

No friends who might be interested in Bachmann tracks?

2 hours ago, gmat said:

Railsquid. I can send the controller to you. Kato or Tomix tracks?  I'll post photos of the of the transformer and the line that has the connector to fit to Kato tracks. Tonight, I'll test it out to see if it still works. No need to pay for the controller. It's the black transformer mistakenly shown with the Tomix stuff. The blue white line with large connector above it is the line to be plugged into the Kato tracks.

No friends who might be interested in Bachmann tracks?

Thanks; I'll PM my address; do please feel free to send by chakubarai though :). I use Tomix track, but have a primitive analogue "cab control" setup so the controllers get wired to the "bus"; as long as I have the bit which plugs into the controller I'm fine.

Unfortunately the only people I know in Japan who have any interest in model railways are on this forum, I have a surplus of track myself.

The trains in this picture will go together with the starter train sets. One Tomix James set and twoThomas train sets.

3 Kato Freight sets. 1 three car Kato Hayabusa Shinkansen and 1 Kato F7A  loco and three car Super Chief.

Kato EMD SD70M  and Kato 8004 waki 10000.

Bachmann Highballer UP F9, box car, gondola and caboose. The loco is missing the couplers and the caboose top is loose.

DSC_0024.JPG

I'm starting to look for schools close by to give away the stuff. Thank you for looking.

cteno4, no word from the iwate group.

cteno4, I will post pictures of train memorabilia that I've collected. I'll offer them to you for your kind help. Might be interesting.

Sorry, I'm pretty slow at posting stuff.

bikkuri bahn

Hello Grant, it's been awhile.  If you have some of those issues of Classic Trains (Kalmbach Publishing), I'll take them.  I can pay for postage.  Sorry to hear about the health issues.  Please take care, and let me me know any other details, etc. in a PM.