Mark as read problem

@Bob Martin To work on this we need a bit more info. What happens after the error message comes up, are the messages marked as read or still the same? If you try marking as read again after this error message does it work or just get the error again. Browser and os?

I use the mark as read every few weeks to clear the cashe and it’s never given me an error, first I think we have heard this issue.

jeff

The items aren’t marked as read if the operation fails (message appears)

Subsequent “mark as read” may or may not work.  Hit and miss.

Various browsers (safari, Firefox), and OSes (iOS, iPad OS) latest versions.

Shouldn’t be the first time you’ve heard of it.  I’ve submitted it multiple times before (via contact us).  Need better reporting system it seems.

You asked for a better reporting system. I'm proposing you one, no need to answer so unpleasantly.

The list of (working) contact options are:
- Create a thread in the Agora.

- Contact one or all staff via PM. You know us, we are too easy to find, and there is a button called "Staff" at the top of the page.

We are looking and the discussing the issues raised. It takes time. There will be solutions.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, disturbman said:

You asked for a better reporting system. I'm proposing you one, no need to answer so unpleasantly.

The list of (working) contact options are:
- Create a thread in the Agora.

- Contact one or all staff via PM. You know us, we are too easy to find, and there is a button called "Staff" at the top of the page.

We are looking and the discussing the issues raised. It takes time. There will be solutions.

(1) no clue what agora is

(2) I generally ignore the admins postings.  Most forums I belong to, the admin accounts are for administering ONLY, not general posts (some admins post incessantly mundane dozens or more per day, so I tend to tune them out if I’m honest (since I’m not allowed to block those users), and rely on the Mark as Read function so much.

(3) remove the “contact us” button, or have it automatically DM an admin.  Seems simple enough. 

My 2¢

Edited by Bob Martin

1) simple enough to look up agora or do I need to get you instructions on how to do that with the selecting the word and choosing “look up”? The title of this forum is pretty self explanatory.

2) well if you ignore admin posting and the staff posting then you are not going to get much help. You have ignored pms from staff in the past so that will also be a problem for us o do anything for you. How much admins post has nothing to do with pming an admin about a problem you are having and that is what we are telling you to do either pm us or start a tipis in this forum with your issue.

3) Contact is a problem with getting hit by spam, it’s not clear if the forum software will allow a captia to be added. If we can’t get it to not get spam filtered constantly we will delete it.

Your rather demanding and combative attitude is not appreciated. Please tone it down.

jeff

• Like 4
Martijn Meerts

I've not seen this issue myself, but I haven't used the forum much on mobile devices. When I have some spare time, I'll check if I can reproduce it.

Edit: some initial research suggests it might be a caching issue on either the server or client (or both). I'll check the server's cache, and recreate it if needed.

I’m generally on the forum via iOS ipad and some iPhone as well as macOS. I’ve done mark as read maybe once a month and never seen it. 

im guessing if it’s not some odd cashe error it’s something within the forum software out of our control. Luckily it sounds like it eventually works for Bob so no big issue,

jeff