"Hand of God" steam locomotives

SL58654号

Sorry late to the discussion. As you're in Japan @SL58654Gō why don't you just get some Kato Unicleaner to clean the wheels and gears and some Kato Uni-Clean oil.  Labelle is not readily available in Japan to my knowledge and these alternative products are readily available and designed by the manufacturer in question. The 5-56 from Kure is a bit like WD-40. Its way too heavy and aggressive for this kind of application. Think more sewing machine lubrication and not so much chainsaw lubrication.

I actually find the Unicleaner a great degreaser before requiring any oiling and its safe on paint and plastics. Don't think I've had to oil any of my Kato steamies very much and they all run very smooth. I have had issue with the running gear coming loose and binding on a Kato C12. After some tinkering, refitting parts etc..  its been fine.  The small Uni-clean oil bottle should last a lifetime. Get down your local hobby shop and get some. Many non-train stores carry it such as Hobby Zone but I imagine Nikkyosha in Kumamoto would have it.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 2