Hello and I’m here by accident.

Whywaite

Hello everyone, I did truly get here by mistake. Up until a few weeks ago I happily modelled Uk railways in OO and Swiss and American in N. My wife persuaded me to consolidate my modelling and concentrate on 1 thing. In the meantime I’m haven’t any layout as we’ve just insulated and electrified the shed so I went looking for some unitrack to set up on the table, so I did what anyone would do these day, I hit YouTube. Well after a week I was selling everything and buying Japanese models. 
never had a big layout as I was in the RAF for 20+ years so I was always moving around every 2-3 years. Plus as a photographer I never really had much time at home I retired to Florida but 12 years later returned to the UK 

I’ve always loved trains from about the age of 7 when our school did a field trip to the NRM at York and having travelled all over I’ve always took an interest in trains wherever I may be, even Saudi Arabia. 

shaun 

• Like 8

Salutations, and you're in good company for modeling Japanese rail subjects here. Though, kudos to your interests in trains internationally.
My interests in railways generally rotate from country to country (American, Austrian, British, German etc.) every so often! 

What Swiss railways did you model? Did they happen to be KATO RhB?

• Like 1

Yes, an happy accident for sure. Welcome aboard 🙂

Japanese trains are fully fascinating. Which ones did you in?

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome, as for Siss N I modelled the SBB Gotthard late 90s early 2000’s

at the moment my Japanese ideas are a permanent urban environment like Nippori or Shinagawa, and two small modular dioramas one a rural single track line and the other a double track mainline. 

Welcome shaun, glad you found us, accidentally is actually quite nice as it’s always a better surprise for you! 

sadly there is no cure for Japanese trains other than bankruptcy…

I think you’ll find a lot of kindred spirits around here to have fun here. Keep us posted on your projects.

cheers

jeff

Welcome aboard! Lots of great stuff on here to get you going and lots of good folks to help out.

Cheers,

Todd