Christchurch/New Zealand Japanese N Scale group

Grant_T

Hi all, especially those of you in NZ. I've been thinking for a while of starting a local Japanese rail group for non-virtual meet ups and running sessions. I've now got a small layout that we could run trains on, but I would also like to think we could put together a modular group eventually. I know a couple of people who expressed interest in this at the convention, and I know there are a couple of guys close to Chch on here. Who is keen?

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Grant_T said:

Hi all, especially those of you in NZ. I've been thinking for a while of starting a local Japanese rail group for non-virtual meet ups and running sessions. I've now got a small layout that we could run trains on, but I would also like to think we could put together a modular group eventually. I know a couple of people who expressed interest in this at the convention, and I know there are a couple of guys close to Chch on here. Who is keen?

Oh to be closer to ChCh Grant. I would be there in a flash! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, beakaboy said:

Oh to be closer to ChCh Grant. I would be there in a flash! 

Where are you again? We could Teams or Zoom you into meetings. 😁

Consider me interested Grant!

I'm based in Rangiora, just outside Christchurch and while I haven't got space for modules at the moment, I do have plenty of trains!

Alastair

• Like 1
On 6/30/2023 at 4:25 PM, Grant_T said:

Where are you again? We could Teams or Zoom you into meetings. 😁

Hi Grant. based in Tauranga. never used zoom. lol. I am hoping ,sometime this year, to get delivery from Scott in Christchurch of 2 N scale Japanese modules he built. he had a full oval set on his garage floor when based in Hamilton and eventually he sold off all but the 2 modules when he was based in  chch. He would have been at convention in chch but got covid the day before start. my plan is to integrate the modules onto my 8 x 4 city layout with more extensions planned. 

• Like 1

Hi Grant,

I'm in Auckland, so I wouldn't be able to join non-virtual meet-ups in Christchurch, but I am interested in establishing some contact with our small community of NZ-based Japanese model railway people. Perhaps we could do a combination of the two - with physical meetings for anyone in the Christchurch area and occasional Zoom catch-ups for out-of-town people?

I have a layout based on a Hokkaido location and alternately run it in a modern-day setting or during the mid-1960s era.

Please keep me updated.

Stephen

Auckland

• Like 4

Hi Stephen (and everyone else), sorry for the slow reply. I'm ready to begin on this. I have a load of track and materials and a settled prototype. I got back from Japan this week and did some serious research.

• Like 1

To add a little more, the club layout will be built to the Freemo-NZ standard I helped develop some years ago, so any one can join. But I will immediately be building a Y shaped end to end layout in my newly car vacated garage for everyone to run trains on.

• Like 1