Reverse Loop with Kato track

bill937ca

"Reverse line" where the direction of travel changes even though it continues to move forward. In the case of a model railroad that runs by passing electricity through the tracks, a little ingenuity is required in the case of such a plan. This time, using the HO gauge plan as an example, we will explain from the wiring to the operation method in the video. ◎ Use the "reverse switch". The point is to electrically divide the section of the reverse line where the direction of travel changes, and switch the switch while passing through that section. ◎ 

https://www.katomodels.com/unitrackplan/planHO02_05

• Like 2

There seems a sudden push on HO items which is great.  Kato has struck a good balance between detail and value. For electric and diesel locos, Tomix takes the crown for me, for those who can't afford Musashino. Tomix coaches have a few more details although the interiors are diabolical. I wish both main bands would look at better solutions for their interior lighting. Most models I see, modellers have fashioned their own with LED light strips and bridge rectifiers.

There are some murmurs of the old Kato HO D51 getting another look although no information about when. Still the low roof 165 to come and the Yume Kukan additional JR era coaching stock. The DE10 could do with a rerun as could the EF65 500 and early type 1000.

I'm not a huge fan of the HO Unitrack as it warps, especially curves, but as a convenient, quick set up product, it's good despite the lack of variety. The rental track at Stage One Kokura uses Unitrack and its not without issues on its permanent set up. For only 1900 for unlimited days use, it's serviceable.  I could drive  to Nogata as their layout, using Shinohara track, is stunning and faultless but costs about 5000 yen for 30 minutes. It takes that long to put a 15 coach blue train on the track. I think after that I'd have to haul my trains to Osaka.