FL12 issues

I've read through the threads on the FL12 and I'm still having trouble with it, namely four-digit addressing and getting it to work on DC as well. I'm using a Digitrax DCS210 and DT500, it seems like it's taking the commands when I program it on a programming track but when I go to to check to see if they took everything is still set to 03. Can someone explain now to get four digit addressing and DC functionality on it like I'm 5 years old or a golden retriever? Thanks.

Unrelated: have spent a lot of time off of the forum but have changed a lot of couplers.

I am not sure about the DC capability of the FL12 decoder, someone elseay answer this. But in regards to your "failed" programming, I recommend putting both headcars AND the motorcar on the programming track (or any other motor with decoder that is).

FL12s have the odd behaviour that some dcc prorgamming stations are not able to detect them as present, due to their very low consumption of power. Some simply dont program them, others I have seen go haywire with error messages but do in fact program them, and some others simply can deal with it. The one common point they all have is increase power consumption (by placing another loco or the motorcar on the track) works, and programming suddenly works like a charm. Odd one, we know.

• Like 3