Should I bother Kato about my repairs that I sent in?

bc6

Wow this is amazing, I have nothing but confidence in the Kato corporation Japan or USA. Thanks for the pics this helps a lot.

Edited by bc6
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

IMG_3533.jpeg

Nice, looks like an easy fix too. They just swapped the body shells for new ones?

Das Steinkopf

Spot on, they brought out a batch of fresh body shells and then swapped out all of the parts from the defective coaches.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
Takahama Trainwatcher

I lost a coupler spring due to my own clumsiness a few years ago. I took the carriage with me on a trip to Japan. We called in at the Tokyo Hobby Centre and had hoped to purchase replacement springs. When we showed the staff the carriage, they kindly went and grabbed a spring from their set of parts and fixed it on the spot and at no cost.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 3

I guess you never switched trains to TN couplers, I have an infinite supplies of coupler springs at home.

And, friendly reminder to all, please do not use "Quote" when answering the entire message above yours. Just use the reply field bellow. And when quoting, only retain the pertinent information. It makes the forum easier to read, thank you 🙂

Edited by disturbman

I am confused though.  I admit to only skimming some of the previous posts (and reading the others in full) but in one post it says it is for a decoder install and the other talks about a repair?  Not sure what is being done to what?

I'm confused too, I originally tried to install end car decoders in my Yamanote commuter cars.  Whatever way I tried to insert the decoders the red and white lights were both active that's not the way that's supposed to work. So I contacted Kato USA and they told me to send in the end cars with the decoders and the motor car which already has a working decoder in it. Kato USA can't fix the problem so they shipped it to Kato Japan where it is now, I know my commuter cars are in good hands and it can take another 4 months and I'd be ok with that.

EDIT: I called Kato USA last week and they said that it could possibly be in Septembers container to the USA.

Edit: Kato has informed me that my trains are being shipped back to me this week.

Edited by bc6