Osborn Models any good news about them

bc6

Yes they’ve been around for quite a while and you see their stuff pop up with dealers at shows. I ordered some details from them a long time back.

https://www.osbornmodelkits.com

I have their original Cessna plane kit somewhere. Now I need a beaver, flown in them a ton in Alaska and Canada.

jeff

36 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Yes they’ve been around for quite a while and you see their stuff pop up with dealers at shows. I ordered some details from them a long time back.

https://www.osbornmodelkits.com

I have their original Cessna plane kit somewhere. Now I need a beaver, flown in them a ton in Alaska and Canada.

jeff

Odds are he talking about https://www.osbornsmodels.com

They have a lot of hard to get Kato stuff listed but may not be on their shelf .

Inobu

Claude_Dreyfus

Sadly they don't have a great reputation; hit and miss to be honest. Very much a case of 'buyer beware'...

More comments about them are here.

• Thanks 1

I can only comment on my own experience. I've bought several items from them through 17 years now, and my opinion is that they are not the fastest company to ship the items even here in the UK. Regarding the items listed in their website, yes it's true that they list items that aren't available in their shop, but them I always send them an email requesting confirmation of availability before buying or ordering anything. I always do this with any shop, that way I avoid trouble and disappointment.

I regard them honest and easy to deal with and been around for a long time.

this is why it’s best to ask about a source before ordering. Ordering Japanese trains from a source outside japan will just be apt for more potential problems, limited stock, and higher prices.

Look through the supplier forum and you will find topics on the main sources for Japanese trains. Most are in japan, but service and delivery speed is on par with buying stuff in the states. They all take credit cards and PayPal. Yes shipping ain’t cheap these days with primarily only express options, but it’s fast (usually only a couple of days and at most a week) and reliable. I’ve never had a package lost coming from japan and I’ve had I’m guessing over a thousand in the last couple of decades and most of those untracked SAL.

read the supplier topics and give some of the usual suspects a try and you will find they work. Have a bit of patience with it as well will help as it helps the panic and worry go away. If you let them rule then all your orders will be no fun even if you get them.

jeff