Tomix trains (under Y10,000) that come equipped with Interior LED Lights

kndy

Its always a surprise when I come across a train (under Y10,000) released from TOMIX that comes with pre-installed interior LED lights.  Rarely do I come across one and usually have to install them.

Please post if  you are aware of more:

TOMIX 98092 J.R. Diesel Train Type KiHa 130 (Hidaka Line) Set  (both motor and T-car come with interior LED lights) (Y7,773 Amazon JP)

TOMIX 98093 Furusato Galaxy Line Rikubetsu Railway Type CR70/75 (both motor and T-car come with interior LED lights)

TOMIX 98094 J.R. Diesel Car Type KIHA120-300 (Tsuyama Line) (both motor and T-car come with interior LED lights)

TOMIX 98095 J.R. Diesel Car Type KIHA120-300 (Fukuen Line) Set (both motor and T-car come with interior LED lights)

TOMIX 9479 J.R. Diesel Train Type 120-300 (Geibi Line) - Hiroshima Carp Wrapping (One train, comes with interior LED light) (Y6485 Amazon JP)

----

KATO NOTE:  I haven't come across a KATO train under Y10,000 that has any built-in interior LED lighting, except the "Deep with STEAM" project Keikyu Deha 268 train (KATO 25-923) which you have to install the LED light yourself as part of the project and is more of an educational project that connects to a 9V battery.  (Y2,997 Amazon JP)

TakaraTomy Plarail NOTE: The Cruise Train DX Series: Train Suite Shikijima (6-car set) comes with a fourth lounge car that has interior LED lights. (Y3,973 Amazon JP)

Edited by disturbman
additional details

It's actually not rocket science 🙂 Afaik there are only three variants that come with interior lights prefitted: all derivatives of Niigata Tekkō's NDC local DMU (CR70/75, Kiha 130, etc) as well all Kiha 120 and Kiha 100. These are the smallest DMUs available from Tomix, the prototypes are all 16,5m long.

The longer 18m long train based on Niigata Transys' NDC local DMU (AT700, Type 36, HSOR100, etc) do not come with factory-fitted interior lights.

• disturbman changed the title to Tomix trains (under Y10,000) that come equipped with Interior LED Lights

Thanks for the reply.  That is a good to know.  It looks like 2021 was a good year for those KiHa releases from Tomix to have the interior lights. 

J.R. Diesel Car Type KIHA100 (Prototype, Debut Ver.) Set

TOMIX 97941 N Gauge Special Planned Product JR Kiha 100 Type Kamaishi Line

I wished that TOMIX gave other trains the interior lighting consideration.  I applaud them for also not increasing the price on the sets or the single releases just because of the LED lighting. 

I actually prefer to fit my own as Tomix doesn’t fit these with anti-flicker lights. Which is not surprising as they don’t offer any in their normal range of interior lights. Only Popondetta/HKTILC and densha.me do.