Non-Power Routing for Tomix Turnout

lctrains428

lctrains428

Hello,

I have a Tomix Turnout N-PY280-15 (#1240) that I want to turn the power routing switch off.  I need advice on how to do this.  There is a switch that I have to turn off but I have no idea how to access it.  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

I don't think there is a switch to access. The tomix turnouts are not designed like the Kato Unitrack 481mm radius turnouts. The simplest thing to do to nullify the power-routing is to have track feeders on all 3 legs of track attached to the turnout.

Rich K.

• Like 2

Confirmed. All the Tomix turnouts* that I use are power routing and there is no switch to change that.

*Except the 1245 Double Slip Turnout N-PXR140-15(F) and 1246 Double Slip Turnout N-PXL140-15(F). 

• Like 1
lctrains428
1 hour ago, brill27mcb said:

I don't think there is a switch to access. The tomix turnouts are not designed like the Kato Unitrack 481mm radius turnouts. The simplest thing to do to nullify the power-routing is to have track feeders on all 3 legs of track attached to the turnout.

Rich K.

Thanks for your advice.

lctrains428
42 minutes ago, Madsing said:

Confirmed. All the Tomix turnouts* that I use are power routing and there is no switch to change that.

*Except the 1245 Double Slip Turnout N-PXR140-15(F) and 1246 Double Slip Turnout N-PXL140-15(F). 

Thanks for confirming this.

To remove the power feeding feature of Tomix PY-280-15, you can remove the little sliders that actually do the power routing. Remove the cover at the bottom of the turnout (unscrew 3 little screws), then carefully remove the sliders (two elongated metal pieces) in the middle. Then, screw the cover back and you're done 👍 Don't lose the sliders if you ever want the turnout to be power routing again!

image.thumb.png.a45949c105dd4653cb91f74c46687a03.png➡️image.thumb.png.9b2ab56e9ec1496b448a5663c3b80fee.png

Edited by katem
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1