Hi there! I'm Rev Counter!

Rev Counter

Rev Counter

Hi all! I'm a relatively inexperienced modeller from the UK. In the past I played around with 00 gauge but never managed to start a proper layout due to space constraints which led to the decision to switch to N gauge. After a bit of a hiatus from the hobby I've gathered a few bits of track and UK rolling stock so far but my attention has turned to Japanese railways in the last couple of months. I love the rural scenery and it's been interesting learning about railways in Japan as I was pretty clueless until recently and probably still am in the grand scheme of things! I'm particularly interested in small, rural , non-electrified single-track lines and am now almost ready to start building a layout based on the Yamada line. This forum seems like a really friendly place and I'm sure I'll need it for advice as I get modelling!

• Like 9

Welcome!

Interesting choice of prototype inspiration there, the JGR political branches seem to be modelled much less often than private local lines. What period do you intend to model?

• Like 1
Rev Counter

Thanks! I'm planning a relatively modern time period, I want to model DMUs so I think around 2007 would be good as this was when the changeover from KiHa 52s to the 110 series. I'll create a topic under layout building as I think I'm about ready to start making baseboards!

Welcome Rev counter, glad you found us! Lots of folks from around the UK here on the forums.

that’s the joy of modeling Japanese rail as there is so much of it going thru just about any scene you can imagine so it lets you be very creative. Lots of history and rail companies as well to find the one that is the right combination for you of you want to model a time and area/scenery/industry as well.

look forward to your layout topic, always so wonderful to watch things evolve!

cheers,

jeff

• Like 1
Rev Counter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've created a build thread for my layout now and provided a lot more detail on my ideas and thinking. Hopefully this'll force me to get out of the planning phase and get some track down as I usually drag my feet with most projects until they die on the drawing board. I won't let that be the case with this one!

• Like 2