Stickering and Motorizing Tomytec Trams (TM-TR01 and TM-TR04)

bill937ca

I have been on the look out for videos showing the function of all the little pieces included in Tomytec TM-TR01 and TM-TR04 tram power drives. But most Tomytec tram videos are just unboxing videos with no educational value.

The first video is short (under 2 minutes) and shows all the parts including the chassis extensions, the small weights, moving the lifeguard fender and side frames from the tram body to the power chassis. Consistently, only one of two small weights is used. 

Also they pull the body and static chassis apart by the trucks.

This Hankai Tramway car requires a TM-TR04 chassis.  Video by miyakomokei.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

The third video  is a long video. About 3.00 he shows the application of detail stickers. About 5.30 he unboxes the power chassis, shows at about 6.00 how to lengthen the chassis and at 7.00 starts working on fitting the weight in the extension and adding it to the body.  Video by eneloop堺.

• Like 1
  • bill937ca changed the title to Stickering and Motorizing Tomytec Trams (TM-TR01 and TM-TR04)

You sometimes have to adjust the power chassis for the correct distance between the bogies/trucks, then use the pair of chassis extenders that are the right length to just fit the body shell. I have found that the small weights that go into the end chassis extenders generally do not stay in place, and I use some tacky glue to hold them down in place. Usually 3 bogie/truck sideframe options are included with the power chassis, too, but lately the static models have removable sideframes that are the correct type and you just transfer them to the power chassis. I think that just leaves the stickers...

Rich K.

• Like 2