Longtime HO, getting into Japanese N

CDTaylor

Hi all, awesome to find a forum like this! I've already learned so much.

I'm a lifelong rail enthusiast from the United States. I've got quite a collection of HO scale US models focusing on the Pacific Northwest, though with the size of my apartment, I've gotten tired of not having space to run them. Being partially of Japanese heritage but also adopted and not growing up with the culture, I figured getting into N scale Japanese trains might be both a good way to learn more about Japan, and have something where I can at least set up a modest layout.

I am just as interested in learning about the prototypes as I am with running the models, and find Japanese trains absolutely fascinating.

Much thanks to what I have already read about getting started on this forum. I've begun with the Tomix 259 Series N'EX starter set and a Kato 800 Series Shinkansen.

• Like 7

Welcome CDTaylor, glad you found us. I think you will find a lot of what you are looking for here on the forum, from modeling, to prototype, to culture.

I too was Pacific Northwest but in N scale up until about 25 years ago then went Japanese! 

Enjoy the forum and we look forward to your interactions here.

cheers

jeff